1. What does the Walk support? When you “step up” to Walk, you support the Parkinson’s Association of Southwest Florida’s mission to provide proven and effective programs and services that improve the quality of life, educate, enrich, and empower people affected by Parkinson’s Disease (PD) and related neurodegenerative diseases. There are more than 8,000 people diagnosed with PD in Collier and 11,000 in Lee County. Florida has the largest percent of population with PD, and the services provided by the Parkinson’s Association of SWFL are only possible through the generosity of our local community members through individual donations and community events like this walk. The organization is not funded by any government or PD related organizations.
1. Who Can Participate in the Walk? Anyone and everyone can Step Up for Parkinson’s by joining our walk on February 13, 2021 at beautiful Baker Park in Naples. This family friendly event includes activities for all ages. Pets are welcome.
2. Is There a Fee to Participate? Yes, registration is $25 per adult, $10 for children under 12 years, and $5 for furry friends (pets). Registration includes a t-shirt, snacks, refreshments and family friendly activities.
The goal of our walk is to raise funds for the programs and services the Parkinson’s Association of SWFL provides free of charge to our community members with PD and other neurodegenerative conditions. While there is never a fee for members to access these services, the cost to provide them averages $400 per member. You can multiply your impact by creating a team and sharing your fundraising goal with friends, family, and coworkers.
3. Can I Walk Virtually? We understand people are concerned about social distancing during COVID-19. While we are taking all possible precautions to create a safe walking environment, we are offering a "Virtual Walk," option for those who prefer to walk at home. On February 13 at 10:00 am, you can walk wherever you choose, watch the live events at home, and still support our mission. We hope you will share photos of your walk with us! Click to learn more about our Virtual Walk.
3. Complete the secure registration form available on the page.
Select if you’re participating with a Walk Team, or as an Individual Walker.
Select your walk t-shirt size.
4. Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive a confirmation email and access to create your own walk fundraising page. No technical skills or knowledge is required. 5. You can share a link to that page with your friends, neighbors, and coworkers on Facebook, or through emails asking them to support your fundraising efforts on this walk.
5. What is a Walk Team? Anyone can create a team and then invite their family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers to step up and donate to support you on your walk. Each person will have access to their own personal fundraising page and they can reach out to their networks to help broaden their reach and impact. All the funds raised will be credited towards the team. Walk Teams and their fundraising efforts drive the success of a Walk. More team participants mean an increased opportunity to raise funds that will directly support the critical programming for our community members with PD.
6. What is an Individual Walker? Individual Walkers choose to participate as a single member of our walk rather than joining a Walk team. Individual walkers can create their own team page and share their fundraising goals just as a team can.
7. Where/When Should Walk Donations Be Submitted? Donations made online will automatically be processed and credited toward your team goal. If you receive donations by check, you can mail them to The Parkinson’s Association of SWFL, or bring them with you the day of the walk.
Parkinson's Association of Southwest Florida Inc. 2575 Northbrooke Plaza Drive Building 300 Suite#301, Naples, FL 34119 239-417-3465 Office@ParkinsonAssociationSWFL.org Hours of Operation: Monday - Thursday 9 am - 5 pm Friday 9 am - 3 pm
Has the Parkinson's Association of Southwest Florida impacted your life? Don't forget to leave us a review on Facebookor on Google.